Johnson Concrete Products has an immediate opening for a Forklift Operator at the Concord, NC plant. Under the direct supervision of the Yard Foreman, the Forklift Operator takes products from the plant and puts them into inventory; loads trucks accurately and efficiently; helps customers in selecting the inventory they need and load their vehicles; follows established policies and procedures.
- Assist customers in selections the inventory they need
- Load inventory items on company and customer vehicles for shipment out of the yard. Use forklift or hand-loading as needed or directed
- Be sure load is accurate by double checking pick ticket
- Perform the last quality control inspection on inventory leaving the yard
- Maintain high level of customer service
- Maintain work area in a neat and hazard-free condition
- Perform other functions and duties as needed or directed, such as inventory quantities; removing and inspecting returned inventory; restocking resale items; consulting with customers on the proper loading of their vehicles; reporting shortages and quality problems immediately, monitoring traffic flow through the yard and reporting problems immediately; reporting forklift malfunctions; performing simple forklift maintenance tasks such as checking fluids and fuel levels; operating other motor vehicles; receiving shipments; putting receiving tickets in the office and assist with training of employees
- Operate a forklift efficiently and safely along with other motor vehicles
- Understand and follow directions in English as required by safety and job performance standards
- Be able to recognize with products do not meet quality standards and machinery does not meet operations standards
- Develop very good knowledge of inventory sizes, types, colors and pallet package counts
- Be able to accurately use a tape measure to check size of products
- Perform frequent math operations to calculate quantity of units per tier and per pallet and other calculations as needed
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
They physical demands described here are representative of those that must be meet by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Lift Concrete products and other objects weighing up to 94 pounds from floor level to 4 feet high. Provide assistance to others in moving heavier or bulky objects. Work in outdoor weather conditions most of the time, even in bad weather.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday from 3 pm to 1 am. Overtime may be necessary to meet a product or work deadline.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of previous forklift experience
Johnson Concrete Company recruits, hires, trains and promotes persons in all job classification without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity or transgender status.
You may apply in person at 106 Old Davidson Place NW, Concord, NC or fill in the form below.
Class A and B CDL Drivers
Johnson Concrete Products has immediate openings for multiple drivers at the Willow Spring, NC plant.
- Prefer Class A but have openings for B
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be able to meet all Federal and State requirements for the operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Must be able to lift 80lbs
- Preferred forklift/Moffett experience but will train
- Delivery of material to customer sites in a timely and safe manor
- Loading and Unloading of trucks
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical skills
- Performing Pre/post trip inspections
- Maintains all applicable DOT paperwork and documentation
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management
- Pay per stop and mile
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability benefits
- Retirement savings programs
- Health and wellness programs
You may apply below or email your resume to Allen Beck at email@example.com.